Friday, November 7, 2008

Two.

Kelly was of course easy to find. Standing next to her ex-boyfriend, as of 4th period, probably giving him a piece of her mind.
"And don't you think about even trying to beg, Brian. I know what you'll do, you do it every time we break up. Try to do something sweet and thoughtful so I'll just fall into your arms like jello. Well not this time buddy. You can just forget about me and go find yourself a new girlfriend."
That's my Kelly. Always telling the guys off. She did though set herself a new record this year. She is currently standing at six different boyfriends and thirteen break ups, eight of those strickly only dealing with Brian Banks, the guy she has been on the rocks with for about five months and apparently is no longer going to ever speak with him again. And of course, Brian is crushed, just like he was the last eight break up they went through. Oh yes, Kelly was always the one doing the break ups; but, she is always the one who says yes and gets back together with him. Basically what I like to say in the Kelly and Brian relationship is, we took the two most dramatic and crazy people in the whole highschool, and watched as they tried to make a relationship out of it. And of course, it failed.
"Kate! Finally, I found you."
Kelly was walking away from a very sad Brian Banks and was headed my way. We had spent the whole week before this planning out out first day of summer. First we were going to head to my house to take a dip in the pool and just relax. Then at about 4:00 we would head inside and get ready for Jennifer Meyer's Senior Party. Tradition at my school is simple. The last day of your junior year, which so happens is today, the richest kid, being Jennifer Meyer, would throw a huge party for the entire new senior class. It was of course a must go to. And finally our year had come that Kelly and I would finally be able to experience the amazing power of being SENIORS!
"Okay Kate, I need a strawberry-kiwi sweet tea once we get to your hourse. I can already feel the headache from this last break-up with Brian. And I swear, if he calls me or tries to get back together with me, I'll scream. I will. I promise. You don't believe. Well you should."
"Don't worry, Kell, I believe you. Come on," I grabbed her arm and headed for the front doors so we could leave, "Don't worry, I'll drive too. Not like I wouldn't drive anyways, seeing that you did come with me to school this morning, again."
"Oh the beauty of living next door to each other. Can you believe it, that we are finally SENIORS!"
"No, but I'm sure I'm about to hear a speech about how you feel on being a senior."
"Oh Kate, don't even get me started..."
And she was off. On another one of her rampages, which she conducted often. Even had her own blog online strickly for all her rampages. I will admit though, some are pretty funny. While some are reaching the over dramatic phase. But of course, Kelly will always be my best friend. We've come and gone way to far to just stop now.
While Kelly was going off on one of her many top ten list about being a senior, I was pulling her around the school towards the parking lot. Once we finally reached my car, she was off on a list of reasons why she will never date Brian Banks ever again. Thankfully, our school, Johnson Allen Prep Acadmey, wasn't very far from my house, so this list wasn't going to be too long. I was turning onto my street when Kelly finally started bursting into tears.
"Kate, it's just, we have been through so much. But I can't take it anymore," she sniffed, "And he'll probably be at the party tonight with a new girlfriend. What am I going to do?"
I turned my head to look at her and realized that it wasn't just tears coming out of her eyes. Kelly was in full on bawling mood.
"Kell, oh come on honey, don't start with the tears. You know I can't handle that. Besides, Brian Banks is a loser. You are way too good for him..."
"KATE!"
(What happened next shouldn't be held against me or my driving and please don't scream when you find out that I, well, nearly hit someone. A guy actually.)

No comments: