Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Four. [preview]

here's a little bit of chapter four.
okay.
so you guys can all bite my head off later.
I got distracted by something on my computer and then realized I still had a chapter to write.
BUT!
I wasn't going to leave you guys with NOTHING!
so here is a short preview.
the rest of chapter four and five will be online TOMORROW!
I PROMISE!
well. okay. nvm. I'll try.
that's better.

so yeah. ENJOY!




My biggest pet peeve. Or really the thing that just really makes me mad.
When you go to a party with your best friend, and she ditches you.
Okay, so yes, I already knew that Kelly was prone to do that to me. Alot. But still, it just gets to me. I don't know what it is. Guess growing up and being taught to be polite and sweet really messes with you when people act otherwise. So here is how it all went down.
After I got back from my akward encounter with Jason Carter, the dreamy boy next door, the rest of the afternoon went as planned. We swam, we chilled, we got ready, we left. Notice the 'WE'. But, no at the party is where we were again Kate and Kelly. So I went in search for something to drink while Kelly said she was going to be over by the DJ requesting a song. The drinks don't take long and I'm back in the living room where the furinture was moved away so people could dance, but there is no Kelly in sight. And I haven't seen her since. So much for sticking with each other. Anyways, now I'm stuck by the punch bowl, standing against the wall, as if all this is some stupid highschool dance and I was the loser who showed up without a date. Grand, isn't it?
Realizing how lame I probably looked I decided to mingle. Besides, Kelly wasn't my only friend. I mean, there were all my girls on the cheerleading team and the soccer team. I could catch up with the student council members. Maybe even say hey to a few of my friends from French Club. Leaving the living room I found myself in a quiter room where people were all just talking. No one I knew in there.
I tried the kitchen and dinning room and there was apparently a keg brought in for the party. Great. I was going to have to leave soon if people were going to start drinking. Outside by the pool was my next stop.
There were tons of people at this party. I had never realized it either. Outside there was another dance floor and DJ off in the corner and then just a bunch of random people standing around, hanging out. I spotted Jeff, a guy I had known since 6th grade and was my best friend. Well, guy wise. He was standing off to the side by a fence and looked as if he was thinking about something. As I made my aproach his eyes turned toward me and widen a little. But at this same moment I felt a hand slightly touch my shoulder. The grip became frim as I tired to brush it off. And then I was grabbed. Mom did always say to stay away from shadows. So much for actually using that advice now.

No comments: